The study of a new cabinet in polypropylene, the use of a switch mode power supply and high efficiency power amplifiers and the redesign of the loudspeakers were the activities of the FBT R&D team aimed at maximizing the power weight ratio.
This series comprises three models; two 2-way full-range enclosures in polypropylene, HiMaxX 40 (12”+1”) and HiMaxX 60 (15’’+1.4”), plus a compact 18’’ bandpass SUB in birch plywood (HiMaxX 100Sa).
Compact and light weight, HiMaxX brilliantly solve all the most demanding requests from buffs, musicians and professionals looking for powerful, versatile and very high quality loudspeaker enclosures. Ideal for live and sound reinforcement applications requiring ease of transport, they are also suited to fixed installations, thanks to the cabinets’ format and optional accessories.
- 2-way, bi-amplified in Bass- Reflex design
- B&C custom designed 380 mm (15”) neodymium woofer with 75 mm (3”) voice coil
- B&C 36 mm (1.4”) compression driver with 64 mm (2.5”) voice coil
- 700Wrms PWM LF power amplifier
- 200Wrms Class G HF power amplifier
- Switch mode power supply for an excellent ratio weight/power
- Analog signal processor limiter
- Completely redesigned control panel with:
- XLR Input and XLR Link
- Gain and Volume functions in a single potentiometer to improve user friendliness improving the dynamic range and input signal/noise ratio
- 3-band EQ (Bass, Mid, High)
- Diagnostic LED
- 90°H x 60°V constant directivity horn
- 4 x M10 anchoring points, 35 mm ø (1.38”) top-hat for speaker stand placement and wall bracket mount flange, 2 integrated carrying handles