GROOVE PRODUCTION STUDIO
Groundbreaking groove production system for fast, intuitive beatmaking. The power and flexibility of software meets the tactile immediacy of hardware.
- Sophisticated controller plus advanced software
- 11 GB library contains a world of sound
- Includes MASSIVE and KOMPLETE ELEMENTS
Special offer: Free Expansions with MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO
Find out more
THIS IS MASCHINE
Experience a fully creative workflow with the integrated hardware/software system, combining the flexibility of computer-based music production with straightforward, two-handed control for composing, performing, browsing, sampling, slicing, sound-shaping and tweaking effects.
THE NEW MASCHINE
- New hardware – now in black or white, with new multicolored pads
- New 1.8 software – free update, with color coding and new effects
- MASSIVE on board – legendary synth for all MASCHINE users
- Customize MASCHINE – new CUSTOM KITS and the MASCHINE STAND
Find out more about the new features in MASCHINE.
STUDIO PRODUCTION CENTER
With MASCHINE you can also control and sequence all of your external hardware instruments, or switch to MIDI mode to control other software. Once your track is ready, drag and drop your patterns as MIDI or audio files directly into your DAW to finalize and mix your production. You’ll soon realize MASCHINE is a powerhouse capable of revolutionizing the way you make music.
CREATIVE PERFORMANCE TOOL
Use MASCHINE as an instrument and/or MIDI controller for performing your own tracks, or sync it with other gear likeTRAKTOR PRO 2 to add more dynamics to your live set. The colored pads and buttons let you see your sounds, making the workflow smoother than ever while providing irresistible eye-candy on stage.
Perform with MASCHINE once, and you'll never want to leave home without it..
SUPREME SOUNDS INSIDE
With the 1.8 MASCHINE update, all MASCHINE users get the legendaryMASSIVE* synthesizer – a sonic monster for basses and leads with 1,300 earth-shattering sounds – worth $199 / 199 € alone. MASCHINE also includesKOMPLETE ELEMENTS, providing more than 1,000 stunning sounds from the flagshipKOMPLETE 9 andKOMPLETE 9 ULTIMATE, and a $25/25 € e-voucher to use towards additional KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects or MASCHINE Expansions.
MASCHINE GOT MORE KOMPLETE, TOO
CROSSGRADE TO KOMPLETE 9
CROSSGRADE TO KOMPLETE 9 ULTIMATE
EXPAND YOUR SOUND
These ready-to-rumble sample kits consist of drum one-shots, matched kits, multi-sampled instruments and pre-programmed patterns and songs. For instant and exclusive use within MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO.
Check out the whole range
THE WIDE WORLD OF MASCHINE
The world of MASCHINE is constantly expanding. Check out these other MASCHINE products:
iMASCHINE – iPhone® and iPod touch® App for beats on the move
MASCHINE MIKRO – MASCHINE's little brother
MASCHINE STAND – Strong, secure and solid, for optimum stability and ergonomics
MASCHINE's most important features at a glance
FULLY INTEGRATED CONCEPT
- With the fully integrated hardware you control every function and parameter of the software running on your computer, making your workflow super fast and smooth
- Convenient integration as a plug-in into any VST, AU or RTAS supported DAW
- Total recall of all parameters either in standalone mode or as a plug-in
- Browse and load all instrument and effect presets from KOMPLETE 8 directly from the hardware – use the 8 knobs to filter results to quickly get you to the sound you want
- Frequent software updates means MASCHINE continues to evolve to fit your production needs
- Load your samples, effects and plug-ins and control them with the pads and knobs - there’s no need to touch the computer’s mouse or keyboard
- 16 highly-sensitive, back-lit, multi-color pads with velocity and after-touch, colors freely-assignable to Sounds, Patterns, Groups, and Scenes
- Master push encoder plus 8 rotary encoders with higher-than-MIDI-resolution for true analog feel and realtime multi-parameter tweaking
- 47 buttons with click-action for direct control of all software functions, with shift function for even more control possibilities
- Two 64 x 256 pixel back-lit, high-contrast displays with wide viewing angle – instantly find the information you need, even in the darkest club situation
- Bus powered hardware via USB 2.0, integrated MIDI I/O interface, plus Kensington lock
- Dimensions: 320 x 295 x 60 mm / 12.6 x 11.6 x 2.4"
- Weight: 1811 Grams / 4 lbs
- Two modes: XOX drum machine step sequencer and MPC®-style live recording
- Clip-based concept for intuitive arrangement of your project into scenes and songs, with assignable color-coding for instant overview
- Classic groove box functions such as 16 velocity levels, swing (sounds, groups, global), pad-link, and note repeat
- Use one button and 8 knobs to automate sampler, effects or plug-in parameters simultaneously in real time
- Select and edit note events directly from the controller for efficient workflow
- MIDI In and Out for sequencing external soft- or hardware, or connecting an external MIDI keyboard for playing complex melodic ideas
- Sample-length and number of samples only limited by your computer's RAM capacity
- Polyphony up to 32 voices for each sound, with choke, legato and glide options
- Powerful slicing by transient detection, fixed grid or equal splits with automatic pad assignment
- Offline timestretch and pitchshifting with automatic BPM detection
- Destructive sample editing (e.g. truncate, normalize, reverse, etc)
- Convenient import of own samples, REX2 files and MPC® programs
- Vintage Sampling Modes emulating the sound of the MPC60* and SP1200*
- Optimized recovery of lost samples – point MASCHINE to the new location and it will automatically update the location for all samples in that project
- Supports up to 24-bit/192kHz audio when using a high-quality audio interface like KOMPLETE AUDIO 6
PLUG-IN HOSTING / KOMPLETE 9 INTEGRATION
- Native support for the 'NIS' NI sound format - browse and load the presets of all KOMPLETE 9 Instruments and Effects directly from MASCHINE's hardware browser
- One instrument and up to 4 effect plug-ins can be opened in each sound slot – 16 sound slots are available in each of the 8 groups
- Real auto-map: MASCHINE automatically maps the plug-in parameters to the controller knobs
SAMPLE LIBRARY AND BROWSER
- Over 6 GB of sounds including 18,000 samples, 7,000 one-shots, 400 loops, 300 drum kits with 1,400 patterns, 388 sampled instruments, 189 FX/multi-FX presets, and 60 demo projects
- Contains multi-sampled acoustic instruments of all genres such as pianos, organs, strings, brass and much more
- Browse and load projects, patterns, kits, sounds and effects conveniently from the hardware, including all KOMPLETE 8 presets without touching your computer’s keyboard or mouse
- Swap kits while keeping patterns: try out your beat with new sounds
- 23 high-quality effects – including TRANSIENT MASTER, Tape and Tube Saturators, reverbs, filters and EQs plus creative tools such as Grain-Delay, Ice Verb, Freq Shifter
- Convenient automation and editing of all parameters
- Chain up to four effects at once, or select a sampler or VST /AU instrument, followed by three chainable effects
- Easily use NI or 3rd party VST /AU effect plug-ins within MASCHINE, e.g GUITAR RIG PLAYER amps and effects
- As a plug-in, MASCHINE retains all of its capabilities including total recall and routing up to 16 stereo outs to your host's mixer
- Host Transport Control – run MASCHINE as a plug-in, and the transport controls on the hardware control transport in your DAW
- Drag and drop audio or MIDI files directly to your DAW, or drag samples directly from your computer into MASCHINE’s sound slots
- Export note events as MIDI files
- Import iMASCHINE projects, REX files and MPC programs
- Group Macro Controls: Assign any parameter of the dedicated group (i.e. filter, envelope, any effect parameter) to the 8 knobs on the hardware or to your host sequencer for automation
- Instant navigation: Open several instances of MASCHINE in your host sequencer and easily switch between them using just one controller
- Add MASCHINE MIKRO to your setup in parallel with MASCHINE – for additional hands-on control of your DAW
- Conveniently bounce songs or individual patterns as 8-, 16- and 24-bit WAV files, or drag and drop them directly to your DAW
WHAT'S NEW IN MASCHINE 1.8 / MK2
Top new features in the latest update
PERFORM IN COLORThe new color-coding lets you ‘see’ your sounds, and it will turbo-charge your workflow.
Simply assign colors to the groups, sounds, patterns, and scenes, and see the pads and group buttons on the hardware light up in the same colors. Make your kick drums red, for example, and you’ll always know which pads play your kicks. Add some color to your performances!
NEW PADS, NEW BUTTONSMASCHINE’s renowned pads are now even better, with unparalleled response, dynamics and sensitivity. A new level of precision at your fingertips, for optimized playability and expression – set the velocity scale to suit your own personal playing style.
The 47 white, backlit click-buttons provide direct physical response. And with the new colored transport controls, the Mk2 hardware provides a wealth of physical and visual excitement for intuitive beat making.
MASSIVE BONUSWith MASCHINE 1.8, all MASCHINE users get the full version of the modern legend MASSIVE – the synth that gave birth to the earth-shuddering bass tones and speaker-troubling leads that have defined the bass music genre. This monster synth contains 1,300 ready-to-go sounds, all instantly browseable via the MASCHINE hardware.
MASCHINE’s eight control knobs offer direct access to MASSIVE’s eight Macro controls, for perfect synergy between hardware and synthesizer, and a lightning-fast workflow.
NEW MASTER SECTIONThe Master section has been redesigned. Control volume, tempo and swing with the new multifunction master push encoder – select modes with the new toggle buttons and accurately click through values without having to look at the screen or display.
Navigating and scrubbing are much easier, and changing note pitch and detailed tweaking becomes extra-precise thanks to the encoder’s superb physical response.
TIME STRETCH AND PITCH SHIFTThe MASCHINE 1.8 software includes time stretch and pitch shift capability. Stretch smoothly from one BPM to another, aided by the automatic BPM detection. Or stretch your audio to a specific length – to fit one sample to the same length as another, for example.
What’s more, make your beats match harmonically, by tuning your samples with the pitch shift function.
NEW EFFECTSThe latest free software update includes new effects, specially selected for beat production. TRANSIENT MASTER, NI’s hugely popular dynamics and mixing effect, has now been fully integrated in the MASCHINE 1.8 software.
Ideal for positioning drums and percussion, it lets you mix from front to back, giving each sample exactly the right amount of space. New Tube, Tape Saturator and Tube Saturator effects bring the secrets of analog warmth and natural, harmonic compression to MASCHINE, for even greater sound coloring potential.
NEW LOOK AND FEELThe new hardware is a leap forward in usability, reliability and aesthetics. The inverted displays provide higher contrast, a better viewing angle for performance or studio, and a sharper look in dark environments.
Slightly heavier than before, the controller also works better in a studio set-up and on stage due to the re-worked layout of the controller’s USB-connector and MIDI I/O – less risk of accidental unplugging. Plus, new rubber feet mean increased grip on the desktop, keeping the hardware firmly in place during even the most aggressive beat routines.
CUSTOMIZABLE HARDWAREMatch your style – the new MASCHINE hardware has an exchangeable magnetic faceplate. The black edition has a black plate with black knobs, the white edition has a silver faceplate with white knobs.
Bring on the MASCHINE CUSTOM KITS – available in five eye-catching color schemes, each provides a new faceplate and matching knobs. Changing the faceplate and knobs is easy – customize your MASCHINE for a whole new look in seconds.
WORKFLOW IMPROVEMENTSExperienced and new MASCHINE producers alike will appreciate the big time savings from these workflow improvements in the free MASCHINE 1.8 software update:
- Host transport control: Running the MASCHINE software as a plug-in in your DAW*, use the transport buttons on the MASCHINE hardware to control transport in the host software. Important: Requires the latest version of the NI Controller Editor.
- New Browser sample preview mode: Easily scroll through the browser list and pre-hear samples without loading them.
- Revised select screen: Now includes individual note length and velocity editing.
- Auto-write pinning: Pin the Auto-Write button for improved automation recording – tweak with two hands!
- New hardware shortcuts: Select and erase events quickly and easily.
- Panic button: Immediately cuts off all sound from MASCHINE.
- Improved missing sample handling: Now locates files per project – point the MASCHINE software to the location for one missing file, and it automatically resolves other related missing files.
- Sampler play position indicator: See the play marker in the sampler wave display – also shown in the hardware display.
- Save Group with samples: Now you have the option to save Group with samples.
*Please note that this feature isn’t compatible with Pro Tools.
PLUG-IN PRESET BROWSINGWith the 1.7 update, a new level of integration and intuitive workflow is achieved thanks to MASCHINE's support of NATIVE INSTRUMENT's new ‘NIS" sound format. With version 1.6 you could already use your VST/AU plug-ins inside MASCHINE, but now with 1.7, you can even browse and load the plug-in presets from all KOMPLETE 8 versions - KOMPLETE ELEMENTS, KOMPLETE 8, and KOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE – directly inside the MASCHINE hardware browser. This means you can operate MASCHINE fully without ever having to touch your mouse or keyboard – keeping your focus on the creative flow.
PLUG-IN HOSTINGUse any Native Instruments or 3rd party VST or Audio Units plug-ins directly inside MASCHINE. You can even hook up combinations: e.g. load MASSIVE* to Slot 1 and GUITAR RIG* to Slot 2 – and tweak them both from the hardware controller - the parameters are automatically mapped to the knobs on the MASCHINE hardware.
Check out the tutorial video here...
To see how to ensure your plug-ins show up in MASCHINE, be sure to watch the setup video...
KOMPLETE ELEMENTS INCLUDEDTo get you started using plug-ins inside MASCHINE a free copy of KOMPLETE ELEMENTS is included with this update. KOMPLETE ELEMENTS comprises over 1,000 stunning sounds drawn from the flagship KOMPLETE software bundle, including KONTAKT’s vintage ABBEY ROAD drum kit and Vienna Symphonic orchestral instruments, six REAKTOR synthesizers and 35 GUITAR RIG amps and effects.
Read more about KOMPLETE ELEMENTS
WORKFLOW ENHANCEMENTSIn addition to plug-in hosting, many other new improvements have been made. These include pad-link, swing per sound, internal drag and drop of audio, renaming of clips, duplication improvements, and 16 stereo outputs.
Watch the workflow enhancements video...Any pads in the same link group can trigger each other – play multiple sounds such as two snares and a clap by hitting just one pad. Select one or more pads to be the master, and others in the group to follow as the slaves - perfect for musicians using MASCHINE in a live context.
SWING PER SOUNDSwing allows for rhythmic shifting of a pattern, creating a shuffled, live feel.
Swing can now also be applied to individual sounds in MASCHINE 1.6, rather than just at the Group or Master level.
MODULE SLOTSThe architecture of MASCHINE’s module slots have been modified to allow great freedom and flexibility, with instrument and effect plug-ins now selectable in the first module position - select either Sampler, Input, MIDI Out or Plug-ins for the first module slot and use the remaining slots to host any combination of effects, external or internal.
MASCHINE SOUND LIBRARY
ONBOARD SOUNDSMASCHINE comes loaded with a 6.2 GB sound library, created by a wide range of international sound designers and artists.
Over 18,000 samples, including 326 full drum kits, 388 multi-sampled instruments, over 400 sliced loops and almost 7,000 one-shots for producing any urban or electronic style.
Listen to the audio demos
See the full Library contents
MASSIVE INCLUDEDThe star of the MASCHINE library is MASSIVE* – the legendary synthesizer for bass and leads. This unique synthesizer has its own uncompromising character distinctive sound.
On top of 600 production-ready factory presets and multi-sounds, MASSIVE also contains the full libraries from former products 'Massive Expansion' 1 and 2, 'Urban Arsenal' 1 and 2, and 'Massive Threat', giving you a total of over 1,300 sounds, all crafted by leading artists and sound designers.
More about MASSIVE
KOMPLETE ELEMENTS INCLUDEDKOMPLETE ELEMENTS contains over 3 GB of material with over 1,000 sounds – all carefully compiled to provide a strong toolkit for the widest-possible range of production tasks. There are acoustic drums, electronic beats, orchestral strings, and a wide range of synthesizers. Plus guitar amp simulation and an array of creative studio effects – a fully equipped and ready-to-roll production suite.
Read more about KOMPLETE ELEMENTS
EXPAND MASCHINE'S LIBRARY
- Check out the new range of MASCHINE Expansions – ready-to-rumble sample kits, multi-sampled instruments and pre-programmed patterns for instant and exclusive use within MASCHINE. Each expansion is created by a renowned sound designer or artist and is specifically tailored to provide a distinct sound character
- Utilize your existing plug-ins (from Native Instruments or any other manufacturer) and control them directly from your MASCHINE controller
- Explore the world of KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects and build up your library with premium sounds that fit your style perfectly
System Requirements, CompatibilitySYSTEM REQUIREMENTSWindows
Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions
- Audio Units
- RTAS (Pro Tools 9 + 10)
USB 2.0 Port, 11 GB free disk space for complete installation
This product runs in demo mode after installation and must be activated before full functionality is available.
HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONSGeneral Interface Specifications
- Width: 320 mm / 12.6"
- Length: 295 mm / 11.6"
- Height: 65 mm / 2.6"
- 2.1 kg / 4.6 lbs
- 2 displays with 64x256 pixels (inverted)
- 16 multi-color, high-quality, illuminated pads with velocity and aftertouch
- 8 endless rotary potentiometers
- 1 endless encoder (30 steps)
- 47 backlit buttons
- MIDI I/O
- USB 2.0
- Kensington Lock