Our new CP-WU8440 projector is geared up for simple and user-friendly functionality in any environment. With a convenient motorised lens shift, and a central lens position, images can be seamlessly adjusted and moved at the touch of a button. Plus, with a wide range of optional lenses, the CP-WU8440 can adapt to any environment, from conference rooms and lecture theatres, to museums or anywhere requiring a creative solution.
- Light Output (Brightness): 4200 ANSI Lumens (Normal Mode)
- Resolution: WUXGA (1920 x 1200)
- 3000:1 Contrast ratio (Presentation Mode)
- Long lamp life - 4000 hours (Eco Mode)*
- High performance filter - lasts up to 15,000 hours in Eco Mode
- Full connectivity including HDMI
- AMX Device Discovery
- Crestron RoomView®
- Wide range of optional lenses
- Optional wireless network feature
- Instant stacking for enhanced brightness levels
- Reduce power consumption - less than 0.3W in Standby Mode
Features at a glance
- 3LCD - A sophisticated, innovative technology that utilises 3 chips to deliver vibrant, true-to-life and consistent images for the most demanding audiences.
- Hybrid Filter - The Hybrid Filter lasts longer than conventional filters. This extension in maintenance intervals reduces the overall cost of ownership significantly.
- Security features - Advanced security features include Multi-Level PIN-Lock, Transition Detector, steel security bar, Kensington Lock and prominent security labels.
- Blackboard/Whiteboard Mode - Projecting onto coloured or shiny backgrounds can make images appear either dull or uncomfortably bright. This mode ensures optimal brightness whether the screen is black, green or shiny white.
- Low TCO - Significantly extended maintenance intervals resulting from long-life parts reduces the total cost of ownership.
- Optional Lenses - Installations are more flexible with a range of optional bayonet lenses. Choose from Fixed Short, Short, Long and Ultra Long throw lenses, designed to suit different requirements.
- PC-less Presentations - Simply plug in a memory stick, SD card, or even a portable hard disk drive and present without the need of a laptop.
- Vertical Projection - Images can be projected at 90 degrees up or down, opening up a whole new range of applications.
- Advanced Networking - Manage and control multiple projectors over LAN. Turn the projector on and off, schedule email alerts and monitor projectors all via the network.
- Wireless Networking - Wireless networking offers quick, easy and secure network access. Browser based software provides easy management, control and monitoring of networked projectors.
- AMX Device Discovery - When integrated with an AMX Controller, the relevant communication modules and drivers are downloaded to the projector automatically.
- HDMI - Get the highest quality image by connecting the latest in A/V equipment to the projector with HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface).
- Long Life Lamp - Using Eco Mode, lamp life is extended to more than 6,000 hours - equivalent to the projector being used for three hours a day over a period of ten years.
- Template Function - This unique Hitachi feature allows you to project different patterns of lines and grids onto a whiteboard, blackboard or flip chart, making writing and drawing easier.
- Virtually Maintenance Free - Hitachi projectors are designed to be easy to use and require minimal maintenance. Long-life parts significantly extend the maintenance intervals, reducing cost and any inconvenience.
- Daytime Mode - It can be harder to see a projected picture when the sun is shining brightly. Projections are always vivid and colourful in a bright environment with Daytime Mode.
- Quick On/Off - Plug in, turn on and present. The Quick On/Off feature and automatic resolution equals fast set-up
- Input Source Naming - Personalise devices and inputs to the projector - for example, re-name a device input to "Tom's Laptop" for easy recognition.
- Ultra Quiet - With a low noise level of 29dB in our latest models, the internal fan is one of the quietest in its class. The audience will hear the presenter, not the operating noise of the projector.
- My Button - Assign custom functions or common tasks to a programmable button on your remote control.
- Messenger - Send text messages and announcements to multiple, networked projectors at the same time. This is ideal for projecting daily work schedules and university campus notifications to multiple classrooms simultaneously.
- Centralised Reporting Function - Using a single PC, create HTML reports for a group of networked projectors to simplify maintenance requirements.
- Audio Pass Through - When all you need is sound and not pictures, this convenient feature lets you hear the projector's speakers whilst the rest is on stand-by - helping to preserve lamplife.
- Vertical Keystone Correction - Correct misaligned images automatically with vertical keystone correction.
- Progressive Scan - Typically with moving images, each frame of video is shown in two halves - odd lines and even lines. Progressive Scan enables every line of a video frame to be displayed simultaneously resulting in crisp, smooth motion and reduced flicker and judder.
- On Screen Display (OSD) - The new menu is much easier to use. Navigating through the different options is easier, whilst settings are clearly named.
- Energy Efficiency Saver - Hitachi are ECO conscious when developing products, focussing on low energy consumption, responsible choice of materials and using the best technologies available.
||0.76" (1.9cm) P-Si TFT x3
||WUXGA (1920 x 1200)
|Light Output (Brightness)
||4200 ANSI Lumens (Normal Mode)
2850 ANSI Lumens (Eco Mode)
|Colour Light Output (Colour Brightness)
||4200 ANSI Lumens (Normal Mode)
2850 ANSI Lumens (Eco Mode)
||3000:1 (Presentation Mode)
||Powered Zoom x 2.0, Powered Focus
||2500 Hours (Normal Mode)/4000 Hours (Eco Mode)*
|Distance To Width Ratio (:1)
||1.5 (Wide), 3.0 (Tele)
|Diagonal Display Size
|Number Of Colours
||8 Bit/colour, 16.7M colours
||10:-1 shift, Normal at + 14.6°~7.4° projection angle
||*The stated lamp life refers to the average life expected in ideal operating conditions with usage in accordance with the manual. The majority of, but not all lamps should achieve this figure.
||VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, WXGA+, SXGA,SXGA+, UXGA, WUXGA, MAC 16"
||525i(480i), 525p(480p), 625i(576i), 1125i(1080i@50/60), 750p(720p@50/60), 1125p(1080p@50/60)
||2 x 8W (stereo)
||Freeze, Magnifying, Blank, Auto adjustment, Search
||Equalising digital gamma correction, 2-3 Pull Down for NTSC, progressive scan, noise reduction, Mirror Reverse Image, Up-side Down Image, Equalising colour temperature adjustment, Frame lock, Perfect Fit
||Auto Vertical Keystone correction ±35°, Horizontal Keystone correction ±15°
||Audio pass through, Audio ports assign, Auto Eco Mode, Closed caption (NTSC & 480i), Filter timer, Lens memory, My Button, My Memory, My Text, MyScreen, PC-less presentation, Picture modes (normal, cinema, dynamic, blackboard, greenboard, whiteboard, daytime, DICOM simulation), Resolution setting, Source naming (English), Template, Instant Stack, iOS Connectivity, Picture by Picture
||Easy lamp replace from side, Easy filter replace from side
|Power On & Off
||Direct power on, Auto power off
||PIN Security Lock, MyScreen Password Lock, Transition Detector, My Text Password Lock, Key Lock (keypad, remote control), Lens Lock, Security bar
||AMX Device Discovery, Command control via the network, Configuring and controlling the projector via a web browser, Controlling the projector via scheduling, Crestron RoomView® (not accessible through the wireless adaptor), Displaying text data with audio alarm transferred via network, Failure and warning alerts via email, My Image (still image transfer) Display, Network Bridge, Network Presentation (PC still/moving picture transfer), PJLink™, Projector management via SNMP
||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Swedish, Russian, Finnish, Polish, Turkey, Arabian, Persian, Czech, Danish, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovenian, Croatian, Greek, Lithuanian, Estonian, Latvian, Thai, Portuguese (Brazil), Indonesian, Vietnamese
||2 x HDMI (HDCP Compliant)
||1 x 15-pin Mini D-sub
1 x BNC
||1 x 15-pin Mini D-sub
||1 x S-Video
1 x RCA Composite Video
3 x RCA Component Video
||2 x Stereo Mini Jack
2 x RCA Jack(L/R)
||2 x RCA Jack (L/R)
||1 x 9-pin D-Sub for RS-232C Control
||2 x USB type A (PC-less presentation or optional wireless adaptor)
1 x USB type B (USB mouse control or USB display)
|Wired Remote Control
||Input: 1 x Stereo Mini Jack
Output: 1 x Stereo Mini Jack
||1 x RJ-45 (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX)
||IEEE802.11b/g/n (Optional USB wireless adaptor is required)
|Dimensions (W X H X D)
||498 x 135 x 396mm (excluding feet and extrusions)
||35dB (Normal)/29dB (Eco) TBD
||Hybrid (up to 15,000 hours)
||LED lamps (power, lamp, temperature, security, filter, shade), Serial number label on side
||UL 60950-1/cUL, FCC Part15 subpart B class A, CE Marking EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-3, EN55022 class A, EN55024 (EMC directive), EN60950-1 (Low voltage directive), WEEE/RoHS/ErP (lot 6 stage 2) compliant, c-tick class A, GOST-R