In-Ceiling Performance QI80CP
The Q Acoustics 8” Performance in-ceiling stereo speaker features the latest styling and stereo speaker technology that is designed to meet the most demanding of your requirements. This is the largest size in the Q Install range, and will give amazing room filling sound. They give you the ability to listen to music throughout your home, even in bathrooms as they are moisture proof. Before listening to the same music throughout each room was impossible due to the impractical nature of having the speakers dotted around in each room, yet the 8” Performance in-ceiling stereo speaker now lets you do that.
|Tweeter:||Swivel/ 1" (25mm)|
|Power handling (program):||15-80W|
|Impedance (nominal) ohms:||8ohm|
|Response (low frequency):||-3 dB 55 Hz|
|Max rear depth:||97 mm|
- Bezel and grille design that clips magnetically into place, with the grille geometry being carefully optimized to ensure the perfect balance between sound and discreet appearance
- The HF is adjustable by + or - 3dB from a switch on the crossover
- Circular grille option is available to ensure the perfect match for each customer's decor.
- Only 8” in diameter, they are hardly visible in your home and take up virtually no space
- Less than 84 mm deep.
- 'UL94' flame retardant materials
- Moisture proof
- Q Install speakers come carefully packaged with installation template and fitting instructions
Easy to install
- A cutter guide is supplied to mark out the hole you need to make
- The speakers attach to your ceiling via four clamps you screw from the front
- Speaker terminals have push open connectors that you can do with one hand
- The grilles attach via magnets
How to guide
Select a suitable mounting location for the speaker taking note of the Warning Notices above. Using the installation template supplied mark the speaker position and cut the mounting hole.
Make sure all equipment is switched off. The speaker cable should be stripped back ~10mm so that there are bare wire ends. Remove the packaging and protective dust cover from speaker and attach the speaker leads using the pushdown spring clip terminals at the rear of the speaker. The positive conductor should be connected to the red terminal and the negative conductor to the black terminal. For single stereo versions there are two sets of terminals for connection of left and right channels.
Note: Tweeter output level adjustment (‘P’ & ‘CW’ versions)
It is recommended to leave the switch in the ‘0’ position for the initial sound check.
Check that each of the 4 swing out clamps are rotated inwards. Push the speaker through the mounting hole and position flush with the ceiling. Whilst holding the speaker in place tighten each of the mounting screws using a No. 2 Pozidriv® screw driver in the order shown in the diagram (left). When an increase in resistance is felt the clamp is in position.
Once the speakers are installed they should be tested before the grilles are fitted. The tweeter’s outer frame (not dome) should be pushed gently to achieve the desired tweeter position.
The 6.5” Professional in-ceiling single stereo speaker features a magnetic grille, locate the grille over the speaker bezel where it will be pulled into place. Note that square grilles may be positioned at any angle required.
Some models feature a white backing cloth behind the grille to help minimize visual contrast with the ceiling. For the very best sound performance it is recommended that this cloth is removed before use. To remove simply peel away the backing cloth from the grille.