The Saramonic SR-PMIC1 is a compact and lightweight on-camera shotgun microphone that delivers broadcast-quality sound to DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, video cameras and audio recorders. It operates without any batteries or charging and provides truly useful features. The short output cable is removable, which can be useful for storage, but it also means you can connect any readily available 1/8“ (3.5mm) cable if you need more length. The output jack is on the top of the PMIC1, which saves space behind the microphone.
A low-cut switch on the back of the PMIC1 eliminates deep bass sounds. Footsteps sometimes produce distracting low rumbles that you can only hear when you watch your footage on a system with a subwoofer. This switch prevents you from recording these sounds. Low-cut will also tame the hum of air conditioner noise and make speech more intelligible — so consider using it every time you shoot.
The PMIC1 will likely be the easiest-to-use piece of gear you own. To use it you just fasten it to the shoe of your camera with its built-in mount and connect the included cable to the mic input on your camera. There is no power switch or button to worry about. You’re ready to shoot. The built-in camera shoe features a metal 1/4 20 tripod thread for more mounting options. This microphone sounds great, it’s durably built and ready to travel.
Please note that the PMIC1 requires “Plug-In Power” to operate. The vast majority of cameras provide it, but it is omitted on a few models.
- Broadcast-quality compact and lightweight on-camera shotgun microphone with plug-and-play battery-free operation
- Low-cut switch makes dialog more intelligible and eliminates distracting rumble sounds
- Output cable is removable, top-exit output jack is space efficient when mounted on top of your camera
- Robust integrated shockmount isolates mic from vibration noises and is not flimsy and prone to bending and damage
- Built-in camera shoe mount features a metal 1/4 20 tripod thread for more mounting options, durably built and ready to travel
Frequency Response: 80 Hz to 12 kHz
Type of Microphone: Condenser
Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
Sensitivity: -32dB +/- 1dB
Signal to Noise Ratio:70dB SPL
Outputs: 2 x female 1.8” (3.5 mm) TRS, 1 for headphones, 1 for camera connection
Dimensions: 6.3 x 2.3 x 1.6" (16.2 x 5.9 x 4.1cm)
Weight: 1.9 oz (55g)
In The Box
1 x SR-PMIC1 shotgun microphone
1 x short, coiled cable with gold-plated mini-plug connectors
1 x foam windscreen
Optional Accessories (Sold Separately):
- SR-UC-201 1/8“ (3.5mm) Female TRS microphone adapter cable to 3.5mm male TRRS for smartphones and tablets with a headphone jack
- WM4C-C35 Replacement 1/8“ (3.5mm) male stereo TRS to 3.5mm male stereo TRS output connector cable
- SR-CS350 2-Pack of replacement 1/8“ (3.5mm) male stereo TRS to 3.5mm male stereo TRS output connector cables
- SR-SM-C301 1/8“ (3.5mm) output cable for iOS
- SR-SM-C302 1/8“ (3.5mm) output cable for Android
- LC-C35 Locking 1/8“ (3.5mm) to Lightning output cable for iPhone & iPad
- UTC-C35 Locking 1/8“ (3.5mm) to USB Type-C output cable for smartphones, tablets and Apple computers with USB Type-C
- SR-PMC2 1/8“ (3.5mm) TRS to 1/8“ (3.5mm) TRRS output cable for smartphones and tablets
- SR-GMC2 1/8“ (3.5mm) TRS to select GoPro camera output cable
- USB-C201 Locking 1/8“ (3.5mm) TRS to USB output cable for PC and Mac computers