Designed for the performing musician or the conventional composer, APC Key 25 is the first Ableton Live controller from Akai Professional that is equipped with a high-performance keyboard. Uniting the power of a clip-launching panel with a keyboard interface, APC Key 25 couples real-time control of Ableton Live with traditional composition tools: create melodies, compose bass lines, and play chords with 25 synth-action mini keys. Plus, dedicated buttons for Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain expand the expressive capabilities of the keyboard, enabling you to tap into the full melodic range and perform with classic piano-style sustain.
Get On The Grid
APC Key 25 features a 5x8 multicolor clip-launching grid that’s built for dexterous exploration: launch clips and create or perform your song from the ground up using 40 responsive triggers. Tri-color lighting provides visual feedback and displays three clip statuses—loaded, playing, and recording—so you can intelligently perform without looking at your computer. Plus, you can use the Shift button and directional arrows to manipulate the scope of the 5x8 grid.
Twist & Tweak
APC Key 25 comes equipped with eight control knobs that are laid out next to the clip-launching grid for easy tweaking. Users can change knob functionality with the dedicated buttons for volume, pan, sends, and device control: fade clips in and out of the mix; pan instruments to the left, right, or center; raise the level of reverb or other effects to create fluid transitions; open and close filters for lush sweeps; and much more. Additionally, each knob is completely assignable for flexible mixing and mapping options.
APC Key 25 comes pre-mapped to Live for an instant performance and production setup. When APC Key 25 is plugged into your computer, its hardware controls correspond 1 to 1 with Ableton Live’s interface—no additional configuring is required. For APC veterans, all of APC Key 25’s controls can be re-assigned on the fly for customized setups that change with your performance or production style. Plus, APC Key 25 can also be used as a general MIDI controller to manipulate other software applications such as virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs.
USB Power & Class Compliance
For maximum portability, APC Key 25 is powered over USB and supports plug-and-play connectivity; no power adapter or drivers needed. APC Key 25 also offers a smaller footprint than its APC counterparts, enabling musicians to use APC Key 25 alongside effects controllers and other APCs.
- Ableton Live controller with built-in performance keyboard
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
- Clip-launch matrix with tri-color lighting displays current clip status
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 8 assignable knobs map to Ableton Live and control volume, sends, and more
- Shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the grid
- Dedicated Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain buttons
- USB-powered and plug-and-play setup for Mac and PC
- Macintosh: Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8; multicore processor; 2 GB RAM; Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Available USB Por