Made To Play
MPK225 comes equipped with 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys and a premium piano-style keybed for unprecedented response and natural feel. Each key is velocity-sensitive and outfitted with aftertouch for dynamic, expressive performances and recordings. In addition, onboard Octave Up and Down controls allow players to access the entire melodic range; play bass lines, piano harmony, solo leads and much more.
Genuine MPC Functionality
Classic MPC Note Repeat and MPC Full Level are onboard for further inspiration. With MPK225, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years. In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
MPK225 is armed with powerful production software—Ableton Live Lite and MPC Essentials—for out-of-the-box music creation. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas. MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, can integrate directly into any DAW, such as Ableton Live Lite, or run standalone. In addition, it extends the power of MPK225 by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad.
Two high-definition virtual synthesizers bring the best of synthesis technology to MPK225 users. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a versatile virtual synthesizer that combines the warmth of legendary analog synths with a full range of futuristic, digital manipulation capabilities. SONiVOX Twist, a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument, makes it easy to create serious sounds using simple controls. Together, these powerful instruments give MPK225 users professional music-creation tools that can jumpstart any project.
- 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 8 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads each with 4 banks for 32 pads
- 12 assignable Q-Link controllers include 8 control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive recording and performing
- 1 assignable footswitch jack & 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Number of Keys: 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 assignable control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 19.25" x 11.75" x 3.63"
- Weight: 6.09 lbs