DLM 26 Digital Loudspeaker Management
The DLM26 is a DSP based 2 input x 6 output Digital Loudspeaker management processor, ideally suited for fixed installations and live events. It combines the functions of a multitude of conventional products in a compact 1U unit with extensive PC remote control capabilities.
Features Superb audio quality with premium hi-end AKM5392 24bit A/D converters and AKM 4396 24bit D/A converters, carefully optimized double precision signal processing coupled with 24bit conversion ensure a dynamic range >110db
The unit can work in STANDARD MODE or in DCL MODE. The first mode permit to configure the crossover in 2x2 way + SUB, 2x3 way or 6way, the input L, R, L+R are freely assignable to each output.
In DCL mode the unit can be configured in 3ch DCL, 2ch DCL + 2ch standard, 1ch DCL + 4ch standard. DCL mode mean double compressor limiter, each DCL channel have a double band limiter and compressor with assignable LO/HI split frequency. This is an exclusive feature in digital processor and it’s very useful to protect two way passive filters with no passive attenuation in the crossover between LF woofer and HF driver. With DCL mode is possible to set two different threshold of protection for woofer and driver with the split frequency corresponding to the passive crossover frequency.
Each input has 5 fully configurable filters, a delay of 288.66ms max in step of 6.8us, gain.
Each output has 4 fully configurable filters, a delay of 288.66ms max in step of 6.8us, gain, phase, LO-pass/Hi-pass crossover from 6 to 24db/Oct with standard or custom Q, RMS compressor with soft knee and peak limiter.
The 2 input levels are displayed by rows of 6 level LED + 1 clip led, the 6 output levels are displayed by rows of 5 level LED + 1 clip led + 1 Limiter led. The unit has 2 analog inputs, a stereo digital SPDIF input, and 6 analog outputs.
Linking functions between inputs and linking functions between outputs are available.
A function is allowing to have ramps closing the output level on parameter changes, when the
unit is used as installation unit; this function can be excluded when the unit is used live and it
is necessary to perform small changes to the set parameter...on the fly.
The Pc SW for the remote control via RS485 or USB is allowing to connect in net up to 32 units and is allowing to control full parameters of the processor, to show the phase of the filter setting and to adjust graphically the RMS compressor and the Peak limiter. The comprehensive standard specification also include up to 64 memories with security lockout and two password level settings.
Special and new features:
- Hi-pass/Lo-pass/Shelving custom Q second order filters
- RMS compressor and PEAK limiter on each output channel with time constant and algorithm optimized for speaker thermal and mechanical protection while maximizing the output with no audible distortion
- Input channel L, R or L + R freely assignable to each output channel
- Double Compressor Limiter Mode (DCL) with two band RMS compressor and Peak limiter with adjustable HP / LP split frequency and separate parameter adj. This is an exclusive and very useful feature in general purpose digital processors
- ALL PASS first and second order filters useful for Cardioid SUB configurations, very precise phase crossover alignment, special pattern control array, alignment between different speakers and systems.