• Collector‘s item
• Individually numbered
• Limited to 1.000 sets
The KI Way.
Few hi-fi companies, if any, can say that one person has steered their sound for four decades – like Ken Ishiwata does at Marantz. The KI Ruby SACD player and amplifier go beyond even the standards of past KI Signature achievements, embodying all of Ken Ishiwata’s experience and expertise. Therefor they carry Ken Ishiwata’s signature as integral part of their design.
The Early Years.
Ken Ishiwata has been at the heart of Marantz for 40 years, but his influence extends beyond the many wonderful products he has developed for the company in that time.
A Special Way of Listening.
He has a unique ability to conceptualise stunning sound reproduction, design the equipment required to achieve it, and then deliver enthralling demonstrations around the world leaving listeners spellbound with the new insights Marantz products can deliver into even the most familiar music.
Refining the Harmony.
In exploring every aspect of every design, just occasionally he finds a product with extra potential, which he can then take beyond the Marantz standard and into something even more special. A KI Signature product is born.
Bringing Listeners Closer to Music.
The knowledge of how to make a fine-sounding product truly magical has grown with each new KI Signature launch – by improving sound-critical components through a process of careful selection and subtle blending, testing, listening and testing again.
The SA-KI Ruby Super Audio CD-Player
The SA-KI Ruby carries the DNA of exceptional ancestors, designed to take the CD performance of Marantz models to the ultimate level. Now there’s a new classic. The SA-KI Ruby delivers the kind of sound able to bring you closer than ever to your favourite music.
The SA-KI Ruby at a glance.
- Engineered and extensively tuned by a team led by Ken Ishiwata, drawing on more than 35 years of Marantz expertise in CD players
- In-house-developed SACD/CD mechanism “SACDM-3”, designed purely for audio
- SACD/CD playback, and playback of compilations on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM
- Asynchronous USB input for hi-res audio up to PCM / DXD 384kHz/32 bit and DSD11.2MHz
- Isolation of USB and digital inputs to block noise from internal and external sources
- Innovative Marantz Musical Mastering ‘MMM-Stream’ upsampling to DSD and filtering
- Custom-designed 1-bit direct ‘MMM – Conversion’ from DSD to analogue
- New analogue output stage with Marantz HDAM-SA3 and HDAM-SA2 technology and low impedance output
- Power supply using toroidal transformer
- Dedicated headphone amplifier with alldiscrete construction featuring HDAM-SA2
- Laser-engraved ‘Ken Ishiwata’ signature and Ruby motif, marking Ken Ishiwata’s 40 years with Marantz
SA-KI Ruby Highlights
The SA-KI Ruby features a new disc mechanism, developed by Marantz engineers, purely for audio: the SACD-M3. It is able to play SACDs, CDs, and compilations on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM.
The SA’s sophisticated yet clean design holds a generous power supply using a toroidal transformer, isolated digital inputs, and a high-quality analogue output stage with Marantz HDAMs
The SA-KI Ruby also has an asynchronous USB input, able to handle formats all the way up to PCM / DXD 384Hz/32bit and DSD11.2MHz, and handles all digital music with a unique Marantz Musical Mastering technology.
The SA-KI Ruby uses the unique Marantz Musical Mastering technology: all digital files are upconverted to a single-bit datastream using the proprietary MMM-Stream converter within the player, and then the high-frequency signal produced is processed by the unique MMM-Conversion stage, used in place of a conventional DAC, to produce the analogue output.
Marantz has been designing and making superior CD players for more than 35 years. Many of these products reflect the expertise of Ken Ishiwata.
Now, to mark his four decades with the company, the SA-KI Ruby CD player has been developed and tuned by a highly experienced engineering team led by KI himself. And it arrives bearing Ken Ishiwata’s signature and a special Ruby motif.