Stemming from the NAC 52; one of Naim's finest preamplifiers, the NAC 252 delivers audio with exceptional detail and clarity. Housing its power supply components in the separateSuperCap unit effectively isolates electromagnetic interference.
Each of the ten audio circuits are supplied with an independent and fully regulated supply voltage.Additionally, separate power supplies for the digital control and switching circuitry further isolate the audio circuitry from noise.
Technology and Craft
Many designs were explored for the NAC 252 and a complete review of the circuit topology and components took place in accordance with the developments pioneered in preamplifiers such as the NAC52. Hundreds of hours were spent listening to various designs, ensuring that the harmony between music and technology was always maintained.
Ten independently regulated power supplies are fed from the matching SuperCap power supply. Totally separate regulated supplies for the digital control and switching ensure no noise is generated in the audio circuits.
- Support for both DIN and RCA inputs to facilitate connection into a wider range of systems
- SuperCap power supply (with fourteen independently regulated voltages) required
- Totally separate regulated supplies for digital control and switching circuitry
- Precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers
- AV bypass mode for simple connection to an existing AV system
- Powered input for use with StageLine or SuperLine phono stages
- FlatCap XS
Analogue Inputs: 4 x DIN, 2 x DIN, RCA
Input Sensitivity: 75mV
Input Impedance: 47kΩ
Other Inputs: AV input configurable for unity gain
Analogue Outputs: 2 x variable (DIN), 1 x fixed (RCA)
Line Outputs Fixed (level): 75mV, 600Ω
Line Outputs Variable (level): 775mV
Output Impedance: <50Ω
Minimum Load Impedance: 10kΩ
Power Outputs: Naim phono amplifier
Infra Red: RC5
Remote Input: RCA on rear (RC5)
RS232: optional (DE9 female)
Supply Voltage: 24V, 18V
Power Supply Options: NAP 155 XS, NAP 200, FlatCap XS, HiCap, SuperCap
Dimensions: 87 x 432 x 314mm (H x W x D)
Front: Brushed and black anodised
Case: Black powder coated