At Pro Light + Sound 2016, FBT is announcing the launch of the VERTUS CS1000 compact line array,the latest addition to the company’s highly popular VERTUS range.
Created as a no-compromise choice for both live performers and installers, the VERTUS CS1000 compact line array combines maximum performance with a modular, scalable approach. Its lightweight but sturdy construction blended with FBT’s distinctive engineering and elegance has delivered a system that can be deployed on stage within minutes, or discreetly integrated into the most delicate of decors to provide high-quality sound and controlled directivity.
A bi-amplified design, the system comprises a long excursion 12” bass reflex subwoofer and a passive mounted satellite, linked via a Neutrik SPEAKON connector and equipped with six full-range neodymium 3” drivers. Onboard the subwoofer is a Class-D, two channel amplifier, complete with switch-mode power supply, delivering 600W RMS to the subwoofer and 400W RMS to the satellite, both of which are housed in birch plywood enclosures. For ease of use, a storage compartment is provided within the subwoofer enclosure to securely house both the satellite speaker and its supplied mounting pole for storage and transport. A dedicated locking system holds all of the equipment in place.
As with all FBT products, graceful but effective engineering is at the heart of the VERTUS CS1000, as exemplified by the mounting pole. Comprised of three sections, the pole allows users to alter the height of the satellite to suit their requirements, while a custom joint provides continuous vertical adjustment to ensure precise coverage in every venue. No listener is left untouched by the VERTUS CS1000 – the slim proportions of the satellite facilitate a wide horizontal dispersion of 110°, while the precision placement of the six 3” drivers to form a J-array creates a vertical dispersion of 30° (+10° / -20°).
Need more power? The VERTUS CS1000 takes a modular approach in that two systems can be used in a dual configuration to form a totally coherent and much more powerful solution. By stacking the two subwoofers and locking the two satellites together end-to-end (via optional hardware), the maximum SPL of the overall system is raised by 6dB. Coverage is also extended – although the horizontal dispersion remains consistent, vertical dispersion increases to 40° (+20° / -20°)
Other features ensure ease of use and a rugged build quality. The subwoofer is equipped with aluminum handles complete with a rubber insert to guarantee a comfortable grip – transporting the entire system, including the subwoofer, satellite, mounting pole, joint and all cables, is both convenient and comfortable. The fanless amplifier module is protected by diecast aluminum, while onboard DSP offers a choice of eight dedicated presets, each one shaped by FBT’s long experience in creating proprietary algorithms to suit every requirement.
Finally, the VERTUS CS1000 is compact in dimension but big on sound. The volume of the satellite can be adjusted in accordance with the subwoofer in 8 steps between -4.5 / +5dB range, while a selectable high-pass filter ensures optimum reproduction. And as your requirements grow, the VERTUS CS1000 compact line array will grow with you – simply combine four systems in a two per-side stereo configuration to achieve a remarkable 8.000W peak.
- 2-way speaker system
- Subwoofer with a custom 12” (320mm) long excursion speaker with a 2.5” (64mm) voice coil
- 6 x full-range, 3” (70mm) neodymium high efficiency custom woofers with 0.75” (20mm) voice coils
- Frequency response of 40Hz to 20KHz
- Onboard Class-D, switch-mode amplifier delivering 600Wrms + 400Wrms for LF and HF respectively
- Built-in DSP with eight presets to suit every application
- Variable volume between -4.5 / + 5 dB in 8 steps
- Control Panel with master volume, presets, satellite volume, HPF, and LED status
- Input and link via XLR and Neutrik SPEAKON for satellite connection
- Dispersion 110 ° (H) x 30 ° (V)
- Modular design allowing two systems to be configured as one single solution via optional accessories
- Bass reflex stackable subwoofer in a birch plywood enclosure with diecast aluminum handle and rubber inserts, plus M20 support and a custom pole-mount solution facilitating adjustable height and vertical aiming
- The satellite and pole are fully integrated into the subwoofer cabinet, where a push button system locks the satellite in place for transportation
- The satellite is equipped with a coupling system for accessories which allow the extension of the length of the line array, positioning one atop the other. Alternatively, the same system allows the satellite to be permanently wall-mounted.
- Ideal for both live applications and fixed installations
- Easily expandable to a total power of 8.000W peak (via a stereo system consisting of 4 x VERTUS CS1000, positioned two per side)
|Built-in amplifier LF/HF:||600/400 W RMS|
|Built-in amplifier peak LF/HF:||1200/800 W|
|Frequency response:||40Hz - 20KHz -6dB|
|Low frequency woofer:||12 - 2.5 coil inch|
|High frequency driver:||6 x 3 - 0.8 coil neodymium inch|
|Maximum SPL cont/peak:||125/129 dB|
|Dispersion:||110° x 30° H x V|
|Input impedance:||22 Kohm|
|Crossover frequency:||180 KHz|
|Ac power requirements:||640 VA|
|Input connector:||XLR with loop|
|Power cord:||5/16.4 mm/inch|
|Net Dimension (WxHxD):||satellite 105x530x120 / 4.13x20.86x4.72 Subwoofer 565x373x450 / 22.24x14.68x17.71 mm/inch|
|Net weight:||Satellite 3.5/7.71 Subwoofer 22.4/49.38 kg/lb|
|Transport Dimension (WxHxD):||695x473x580 / 27.36x18.62x22.83 mm/inch|
|Transport weight:||33.5/73.85 kg/lb|